Inspired by this post at Design Mom, I thought I’d write a post about things to do in the DFW area with kids this summer.
With access to Dallas, Fort Worth and many areas in between, we are definitely flush with things to do this summer. One of my favorites is the Dallas Arboretum, and I can’t wait to take the kids to the topiary houses based on Beatrix Potter stories. We also had an opportunity to picnic in the garden of the Nasher Sculpture Center while listening to the Beatles’ cover band, a Hard Night’s Day. Fun, but a little challenging given the attention span of toddlers. We also spend quite a bit of time at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History and recently saw an Elmo and Big Bird astronomy show at the museum’s planetarium.
But as I started thinking about our favorite summer activities, I couldn’t help but realize that if I wrote this list based on my children’s favorites, it would probably look a lot different.
In fact, if Jason were to write his list of top ten things to do in DFW, it would probably look something like this:
1. The elevators in the parking garage at Daddy’s work.
2. The neighborhood swimming pool.
3. The neighborhood spray park.
4. The fountain in Southlake Town Square.
5. The candy shop in Southlake where the lady lets me sample the candied popcorn flavors.
6. The frozen yogurt shop near our house because I like the sprinkles and the rock wall just outside.
7. The elevators at Barnes & Noble. I also like the escalators here.
8. The Bounce House place: I’m not sure why this is reserved for parties instead of being a daily event.
9. The Market – not the food/grocery store part, but the outside playground part connected to the restaurant that serves mac and cheese.
10. Did I already mention the elevators at Daddy’s work?
What are your child’s favorite things to do in DFW?