Maybe it’s the disparate array of toys piled on the floor or the Shabby Chic quilt draped over the loft bed to form a tent, but something about my son’s room defies any theme, color palette or sense of togetherness I try to imbue. So this summer, I’m taking on the challenge of decorating my son’s room. I’ve already come across some great space and robot themed art, some of which will work well with the planet mobile from Pottery Barn Kids and orange rocket painting currently in his room.
If I succeed, I’ll post pictures here, but in the meantime, I thought I’d share some of the artwork that I’ve found:
From left to right:
- A Song of Wires by John W Golden is one of my favorite finds so far.
- Darryl, inspired by vintage robot toys, by ModernPop.
- Le System Solaire by French illustrator Marion Billet.
- Scoot by illustrator Heather Warriner.
- Alphabet inspired robot screenprint by boldandnoble.
- Rocket growth chart from Land of Nod.
- Reggie is part of the same robot series as Scoot.
- Flying saucer from John W Golden’s Lunestrella Series, currently a front runner in the selection of art for Jason’s room.
- Original ink drawing by benben.
- Anything orange is sure to be a hit in our house, including this orange flashlight robot by Richard Wilkinson.