Although my daughter has many favorite books, she takes a very narrow approach to storytime each night: one book, she chooses, I read … over and over for 15 to 30 minutes. And sometimes, that same book will be selected night after night (until it somehow gets “lost”).
Here are the books that seem to have the most staying power:
From left to right:
- Not a Box by Antoinette Portis.
- Where’s My Sweetie Pie by Ed Emberley.
- Little White Fish by Grenechten Van Guido.
- Counting in the Garden by Kim Parker.
- Baby Animals by Gyo Fujikawa.
- I am a Bunny by Ole Risom and illustrated by Richard Scarry.
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Numeroff.