It’s a bit hard to believe that we’re just now starting the weekend. It feels like it’s been one long weekend all week. I have no idea what we’ll do over the next couple of days to top the swimming, grilling and fireworks watching that we’ve packed into these last few days. Probably just more of the same.
Have you been reading the Work/Life Balance series over on A Cup of Jo this week? I find it fascinating to hear how other moms manage the work/kids thing, though it makes me a little sad to realize how many consider an hour or so with their kids each morning and evening ‘balanced.’ It reminds me of this article and the belief that working mothers can’t ‘have it all’ until work environments change to allow for flexibility around family schedules. I definitely agree.
A few other favorites from my week:
- Love this series of recreated famous photographs.
- I want these now.
- Looking forward to downloading this new iPad magazine.
- My favorite photos are often those that create beautiful compositions out of seemingly mundane subjects – like these, for example.
- Calculate how many Legos it would take to recreate your house.
- If you’re in the DFW area, my husband’s band is performing at The Curtain Club in downtown Dallas on Saturday night. Join us!!